OUR UNIQUE VALUE PROPOSITION
Net-Zero Carbon Footprint:
Nobilis Pipe Company was conceived as a cutting-edge pipe mill producing seamless pipe in high value metals such as stainless steel, nickel alloys and titanium. The mill was designed to operate on 100% renewable and alternative energy sources and have a net-zero carbon footprint.
Massive Size Range:
Nobilis Pipe will be capable of producing a massive size range in seamless pipe – from 1” to 18” (25mm – 450mm) diameter. With hot and cold finishing capability, our mill will be able to produce precision tubing and pipes from thin to very heavy wall thicknesses.
Domestic US Materials:
All materials produced at Nobilis will be melted and manufactured in the United States and will be DFARS compliant and capable of meeting the most demanding specifications.
- Over 80,000 tons of new capacity in seamless pipes
- Over 450 new jobs in Michigan
- Over $40 million in annual payroll
- Forecasted annual revenue of over $1.4 billion by 2026
- Contributing to national defense, energy independence and prosperity
- Start of production targeted for early 2022
New US Capacity
Nobilis Pipe will begin production in early 2022 rated at over 80,000 metric tons of new capacity for seamless pipes.
Serving Critical Industries
The seamless pipes in stainless steel, nickel alloys and titanium serve a variety of industries crucial to national defense, energy independence and prosperity.
New Job Creation
Nobilis Pipe is forecasted to create over 450 new jobs of which well over half are skilled labor and will have over $40 million in annual payroll once production is ramped up.
Direct Contribution to US GDP
With annual revenue forecasted to build up to over $1.4 billion within four years after production commences, Nobilis Pipe will make a significant contribution to the US GDP , helping make America more competitive in the global marketplace, and protecting national interests.
A NEW CONCEPT IN SUSTAINABLE SEAMLESS PIPE MANUFACTURING
Military and Defense
Our pipes and tubes are used in numerous applications in the military and defense sector, from fuel lines in fighter jets to supply pipes on the largest naval vessels. Protecting our troops and national interests by producing the most precision tubing with the latest equipment and technologies, Nobilis is poised to become a critical part of the defense infrastructure.
Mechanical and hydraulic pipes and instrumentation tubes in stainless steel and nickel alloy grades are used in high temperature and high-pressure applications throughout the aircraft. Customers can take advantage of our complete processing capabilities for all their aerospace tubular and pipe material needs. Nobilis will also be able to support the aerospace industry with our ability to meet the most demanding and mission critical material requirements and specifications for pipe and tubular products.
Boiler and heat exchanger tubing in stainless steel, duplex and nickel alloy grades encompass a wide size range, and Nobilis is ready to meet all the demanding specifications for these safety critical applications from heavy wall pipes to the thinnest walls required. Nobilis Pipe’s new equipment lineup will also ensure that we can meet the highest quality required by the nuclear industry.
Oil and Gas
An extensive grade and size range of process piping and tubular systems to support off-shore subsea installations of umbilicals, risers, jumpers, manifolds, and flowlines. These products offer a high resistance to sea water corrosion and aggressive fluid media. A main part in our strategy was to make the decision to invest substantially in a state of the art new mill, dedicated to the production of these products.
Oil Country Tubular Goods (OCTG)
Heavy wall pipes for premium threaded connections used in offshore drilling, for example, require extreme precision to produce. Pipes must fit end to end without gaps and extruding heavy wall pipes for these high-pressure applications is no easy task. Nobilis Pipe’s cutting-edge equipment lineup and state of the art quality systems will ensure this important industry application can be serviced with US domestic material.
Steel Service Centers and Stocking Distributors
Nobilis does not overlook one extremely important sector of the pipe and tubing distribution supply chain. Service centers and stocking distributors are crucial to ensuring customers in a variety of industries can get material in a timely manner, and Nobilis will work with this network to make sure they are stocked with everything they need at all times.
Nobilis is a pipe mill designed from the ground up to run on 100% renewable and alternative energy sources. The newest technologies implemented in each piece of equipment in the lineup run on the lowest energy requirements and Nobilis will continue to improve on this through ongoing energy efficiency research and development initiatives with a team dedicated to this purpose. Charging stations for electric and plug-in hybrid vehicles will be plentiful at both the production facility and the corporate offices, and all employees will have access to programs designed to encourage and incentivize sustainable lifestyles. Plans will be developed to help share Nobilis Pipe’s success and lessons learned in the sustainability and responsible consumption areas with other production mills through presentations at industry trade shows and other such opportunities to interact with peer companies.
Our commitment to value creation goes beyond sustainability, however. Rather than taking a “do no harm” approach, we are dedicated to regenerating the planet by restoring carbon to the ground while operating a state-of-the-art steel mill.
Rather than being committed to being as sustainable as possible, we want to be known for leading the way forward. Doing so, we will focus our development and business practices based on and in support of any of the 17 United Nations Sustainable Development Goals applicable to our business with metrics specifically tied to how we contribute to these specific global targets.
- Ensure women’s full and effective participation and equal opportunities for leadership at all levels of decision-making in the company.
- Adopt and strengthen sound policies for the promotion of gender equality and the empowerment of all women at all levels of the organization.
- Achieve higher levels of economic productivity through diversification, technological upgrading and innovation, including through a focus on high-value added and labor-intensive operations.
- Improve resource efficiency in consumption and production and be an example that it is possible to decouple economic growth from environmental degradation.
- Protect labor rights and promote safe and secure working environments for all employees.
- Develop quality, reliable, sustainable and resilient infrastructure to support economic development and human well-being, with a focus on affordable and equitable access for all.
- Promote inclusive and sustainable industrialization and significantly raise the industry’s share of employment and gross domestic product.
- Upgrade infrastructure to become more sustainable, with increased resource-use efficiency and greater adoption of clean and environmentally sound technologies and industrial processes.
- Enhance scientific research, upgrade the technological capabilities, including encouraging innovation and substantially increasing the number of research and development workers.
- Achieve the environmentally sound management of chemicals and all wastes throughout their life cycle, and significantly reduce their release to air, water and soil in order to minimize their adverse impacts on human health and the environment.
- Substantially reduce waste generation through prevention, reduction, recycling and reuse.
- Encourage other companies, especially large and transnational companies, to adopt sustainable practices and to integrate sustainability information into their reporting cycle.
- Promote public procurement practices that are sustainable, in accordance with national policies and priorities
Ensure that people everywhere have the relevant information and awareness for sustainable development and lifestyles in harmony with nature.
- Combat desertification, restore degraded land and soil, including land affected by desertification, drought and floods, and strive to achieve a land degradation-neutral world.
- Ensure the conservation, restoration and sustainable use of terrestrial and inland freshwater ecosystems and their services, in particular forests, wetlands, mountains and drylands, in line with obligations under international agreements.
- Enhance the global partnership for sustainable development, complemented by multi-stakeholder partnerships that mobilize and share knowledge, expertise, technology and financial resources, to support the achievement of sustainable development goals.
The stainless steel, duplex and nickel alloy pipes and tubes produced by Nobilis Pipe are used in very demanding applications where high temperature and/or corrosion resistance are paramount. Due to a shift in national priorities and investment direction, much of this capacity that was previously in the United States has been divested and shifted overseas. Many Western European countries and Japan now produce this capacity and export to the United States market.
The longer lead times associated with overseas logistics and the current economic climate are creating an opportunity for a new domestic mill to bring this capability back to the United States and protect national interests in energy, defense and other critical industries.
Due to the high value of the material grades produced at Nobilis relative to normal carbon steel, the revenue generated can support higher wages on a reasonable production volume and contribute significantly to the US GDP.
All materials will be melted and manufactured in the United States. Pipes and tubes produced at Nobilis will be capable of meeting a variety of industry specifications including but not limited to: DFARS, ASTM, ASME, AMS, API, PED
LONG TERM VISION
Nobilis Pipe aims to become one of the first entirely carbon neutral steel production facilities in the world. We will accomplish this by investing up front in every technology to conserve energy spent and reduce consumption. Nobilis will streamline every part of the production process to reduce waste, recycle any waste that is generated, or clean it before releasing it outside the facility (such as water, for example).
The team developing the concept for Nobilis Pipe is committed to creating an iconic production facility that showcases the latest environmental technologies, while adding value to highly technical industries in the United States and throughout the world.
NOBODY ASKED US TO DO THIS
NOBILIS means “noble” in Latin.
Nobody asked us to build a mill with a net zero carbon footprint. We are expending tremendous effort and cost to build a plant from the ground up that takes care of the planet rather than incrementally destroying it.
Nobody asked us to pay our employees higher than market wages and salaries, but we believe that if we take care of the staff that makes it all possible, they and their families will prosper, and everybody wins. Creating high paying jobs is the best part of building a business like this, and our management team is dedicated to it.
We are proud of the plan we have put together, and yes – if we can be so bold as to say it – we believe our goals are lofty and a bit noble. Nobody asked us to do this, but we are going to do it anyway.
AN ICONIC NEW MILL DEDICATED TO CLEAN MANUFACTURING
We are proud of the company we are putting together, and would be glad to share our excitement with you.
For further information, please call or email any time.